Thursday, September 12, 2013

Another Scorcher

 It has been HOT for the last week. In the upper 90's every day, with a heat index over 100 degrees. The piglets enjoyed frolicking in the sprinkler to cool off a bit. They trotted around through the water, grunting and squealing as they pranced back and forth.
 It should be a law that all pigs get to have sprinkler privileges! They are so happy!
 After play time it was time to root around for a bit.
 The are getting so big!
 Miss Luna was looking awfully cute too! She has been running around the yard all day being so very well behaved! She went into the chicken coop earlier to get a drink of water, much to the terror of the hens that were standing around the water cooler gossiping. They flapped about and squawked. It scared Luna and she ducked past them to the water instead of trying to catch them. If that isn't a good dog I dunno what is!





 Mr. Yellow and Ms. Tallow looking striking in their new plumage. It is amazing how fast they have healed after the dog attack!
Last but certainly not least, the newly pig-plowed garden. They did a great job turning all of the soil and getting rid of the weeds that were taking over. The planting started in the back and is working toward the front. Hopefully this will be filled with yummy green veggies soon!

2 comments:

  1. lol, I agree. All piggies should have sprinkler play time. Luna is a beauty and love the collar trick. I would use one for training. You didn't say how it affected you when you tried it? I would have bit the bullet and done the same thing, but someone one else would have had to hit the button, don't think I could have done it. I'd have been afraid in my shock that my finger would lock down on that sucker, lol. Glad the turkeys are doing so good! It's hot here too, but it won't be long before I'm fussing about the cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I keep trying to remind myself that I will miss this warm weather soon! It took a lot of fussing at myself to push the shock button. LOL I admit, I'm a sissy. I'm terrified of the electric fence, even though I know it won't hurt that badly. Bad experiences as a child still working on my brain. I knew that I had to suck it up and do it if I was going to put it on a puppy though. I laid the collar over my arm so that if I jerked it would fall off just in case though. It gave me a jolt, but honestly, I get shocked worse at the grocery store when I reach for the metal door handles in the freezer section. I've learned to touch them with my arm first. Perhaps I have been looking at that the wrong way. Maybe that is meant as my own form of shock collar trying to train me to stop buying those chemical laden grocery store foods! I think I've had an epiphany... LOL

      Delete