Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We Are Ready!

On sooo many levels. For one, we are now ready for the pigs to arrive. Today we picked up the waterer fittings and some pig feed. This evening I spliced a small section of hose together to attach permanently to the waterer which the pigs managed to strip the threads off of last year. It will no longer be disconnected from that small piece of hose. Instead I connected it to a shut off valve which is connected to the main hose which is where we will connect and disconnect it from now on. While Brad put the finishing touches on that I ran the electric fence around the unplanted section of garden and got it electrified. I wasn't convinced that the fence was strong enough to keep pigs where we want them, and we don't have anything to check it with so Brad did it the old fashioned way. He took off his shoes to get a good ground and touched the wire. He said his joints still hurt a couple of hours later. I thought electricity was supposed to be good for joint pain? The ancient Egyptians put electric eels in small ponds and had people suffering from arthritis stand in the water to help with pain. Apparently Brad disagrees. However, he said the fence is plenty strong enough for pigs. :) Now we just wait for the lady we bought them from to deliver them.

Most of the day was spent at my doctors appointment and running errands. The doctor said everything looks perfect and I am ready any time the baby is. I am soooo beyond ready. Keegan got his hair cut in preparation for school starting on Friday. I never remember starting school this early when I was a kid. I have been feeling blah. I haven't even been picking veggies. I don't understand how it is possible to feel the need to accomplish things to the point of feeling anxious and yet being completely lethargic and unable to accomplish anything at the same time. Those are the makings of stirring insanity. I really need to pick beans and peppers tomorrow. And maybe get some mowing or weedeating done if it doesn't rain. Have I mentioned that I am ready for this baby to come?

2 comments:

  1. the last weeks of waiting are the worst. Tabitha says she has never had a baby until she stops caring when it will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to convince myself to get to that point. And then something happens... like I try to stand up or bend over to pick something up and I'm ready all over again. :)

      Delete