Thursday, March 26, 2015

Now you see it...

 This was the progress I made on Tuesday. I disassembled it piece by piece so Most of it can be reused. Partially to keep from adding to the landfill. Partially to save money. Brad joked that I should just leave the doorway standing to confuse people.
 This is after today's effort. Only the turkey roost left. I haven't decided if it is worth saving or if it is too rotten and destined for the burn pile. The view is much improved.

 The soil there is so rich and dark. My gardens will like it
 My strawberries got some after I finished weeding them today. Some of that chicken wire from the turkey coop ended up here. It is a temporary solution to keep the chickens out. Not pretty but hopefully functional. I may get some strawberries this year (finally)! I only got one load of leaf mulch down before the sky opened up and I gave it up for the day.

 The green beans are coming up.
 The arches are ready for them! I managed to replace the logs for these three beds earlier this spring. I ran out of logs. I need to down a couple of trees to finished later this year. That is a task for when there isn't so much to do.
 These gourds are insane! They are coming up right through the grass. And this is some thick grass. They could seriously become invasive if I don't keep it in check.
My flower garden is starting to regain some life. And the azaleas down the drive are full of blooms.
 My feathers friends found some treats.
This is what most of my time is devoted to. He is such an amazing blessing. And he keeps me super busy! I can only assume things aren't going to slow down anytime soon. He is only 6.5 months old and already pulling up and standing! I love this age!

No comments:

Post a Comment