Saturday, April 5, 2014

Strawberry Pickin'

Today we took a family trip to the local you-pick farm to pick strawberries. This is the first year that they have offered a spring you-pick crop. The only thing available to pick were strawberries, which was great luck because that is exactly what we went for! It was opening day and I couldn't resist.


Normally just Keegan and I go, but Brad tagged along this time. Neither of them admit to enjoying the fruit and veggie picking experience, but we always end up having a good time. I, personally, love it!


We came home with 3 gallons of beautiful strawberries! Now I need to make jam. I also picked up two fresh bunches of kale and turnip greens at the stand on our way out. I love gorgeous fresh picked fruits and veggies and it doesn't get any fresher than from the field.








Of course, since they were sitting there I couldn't resist throwing in a picture of my beautiful eggs. They look washed out in this picture, but I honestly think that every single one is a work of art. I have talented girls. :) Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment