Saturday, April 12, 2014

To-Do list

Only a few days left until the end of tax season. That means that I only have a few days left of work until I am off for the summer. I feel like a kid waiting til school is out! Well... Not quite. Instead of wanting to lay around and do nothing I am looking forward to getting things done! Keegan has already started taking care of some of my list. He has been on spring break all week. I don't like him sitting on his booty watching tv and playing games all day so he has a set limit and then he has to do chores to earn more time. He is plowing through things that I have been putting off for months! Must be nice to have all of that energy! Some things we need supplies for and I really need to do myself for one reason or another though. My list so far...

- Build bean arches to go between above ground beds
                 - this entails getting lumber, paint, and nails first

- Clear above ground beds, cover beds not being used immediately, plants others

- Clear big garden and get ready for planting

- Plant seedlings that are inside before they die!  Those are transplanted but more have been planted inside.

- Get big garden planted

- Buy staples and use them to fix the turkey teepees

- Figure out if we are getting pigs this year and deal with the pig fence accordingly.  Pig fence is down. 

- Repair small hoop tractors and their waterers in preparation for babies.

- Replace/fix chicken waterer  hose so it will stop leaking.

- Turn over soil in herb garden and get it planted. Herb seeds have been planted inside in preparation.

- Replace rotten logs in above ground garden.

- Mulch around fruit trees

- Try to repair turkey hoop coop to best of my ability until it can be replaced.

I keep thinking of things I need to do but I will keep the list at a minimum and only include things that need to be done immediately. And then there is the list of things that need to be done inside that are equally important.

- Cut port in wall for air conditioner and get it set up before it gets unbearably hot.

- Spring cleaning before the windows get closed up for the season.

- Rent shampooer, move all furniture and clean carpets while they can still air dry in the breeze

Yeah.... that all needs to be done in the next month at the very most. Honestly, really it needs to be done in the next couple of weeks. I am even further behind this year than usual but I'm looking forward to getting busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment